As a new school year approaches students will have mixed feelings about returning to the classroom during the pandemic. However, education can still be fun and enjoyable even during these times, school is whatever you make of it!
Also remember that you should not feel pressured to do activities and put yourself into situations where you feel uncomfortable no matter what the reason is. Your health and wellbeing is the most important thing and should be prioritised, especially during current times.
Online lessons can feel draining and can be hard to engage with at times but there are ways to make them feel more fun.
- If possible join your lessons from different rooms so you can separate your work spaces and comfort spaces.
- In between classes take time to have a break from screens as staring at them for long periods of time can leave you feeling tired and can bring on headaches.
- If any PowerPoints etc. are shown during classes and are available to look at after class, take your notes then to save yourself from becoming stressed during lesson time.
- Making online plans with friends can help strengthen bonds with new and old classmates alike and reduce feelings of loneliness and isolation.
Face To Face Learning
In person lessons may still seem a long way away and quite daunting for many, but for those ‘fortunate’ enough to go back to school properly there are ways to make them feel less intimidating.
- Taking lateral flow tests and wearing masks can give you peace of mind if you’re cautious about who you’re seeing and how many people you’re with.
- Making plans with friends you’ve made out with school can also help strengthen bonds with new and old classmates alike.
- Make sure you have all the information you need for being back on campus, especially if it’s your first time experiencing in person lessons at your college or University.